- According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, RunOurCity (“The System”, “We”, “Our”) will adopt the following policy to ensure that users of the System will have their personal data safeguarded. Unless consent has been obtained from the user of the System, information of the user will only be used for registering the event and other designated activities of RunOurCity. We will never release any personal information to any other party.
Use of Personal Data
RunOurCity and its authorized service provider will use the information that you supplied for the following:
- 1) Processing administrative work related to registration, including endorsement, receipt issuance, payment notice issuance, donation record and relevant event notices, etc.;
- 2) Identifying the user;
- 3) Recording any communication with you;
- 4) Preventing and detecting any activities that make use of this website for fraudulent or exploitative behavior, or activities that allow third parties to provide technical support and backup work in the name of this website;
- 5) Providing the latest updates of RunOurCity’s events and sports events;
- 6) In an anonymous basis, conducting statistical research on this website visitor’s habits and research on visitor number, interests and browsing behavior, which can help us understand visitors’ viewing and usage habits so as to improve our service levels.
We will never lease, exchange or sell the personally identifiable information that you have voluntarily supplied to us, including email address and telephone number.
- As with most internet websites, when using the System, you will be downloading information of the website you are surfing, together with a small text file known as “cookie” into your computer. Downloading cookies can help technicians can distinguish whether that computer or that visitor has visited the website before.
- Online Payment or Donation
- This website adopts the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) standard. During online payment and donation, information will be encrypted and transmitted via the internet. Users of the System will be connected to a real time payment gateway managed by CyberSource and the payment will be settled directly with the credit card company (VISA/MASTER) online. All credit card information will be encrypted under SSL and will not be saved in the server of the System.
- The payment includes web transaction fees and credit card transaction fees.
- Linking Policy
- Contact Us